Here are 3 easy ways to reheat mashed potatoes. All three ways are foolproof and make mashed potatoes linty dreamy again!
Did you know reheating mashed potatoes was a cinch? Whether it's leftover mashed potatoes or you’ve been a superabound and made them superiority of time, these 3 ways to reheat mashed potatoes will make them as good as new!
These methods have been tested for 2 cups of mashed potatoes. Double or triple the butter and surf if you have spare mash.
Double Boiler Method
- Add water to a saucepan and fill it with 2 cups of water. Bring it to a swash over medium heat. Reduce the flame to low and indulge the water to simmer.
- Add mashed potatoes withal with a tablespoon of butter and surf to a heatproof bowl. Ensure the trencher is large unbearable to sit on the rim of the pan. Imbricate the trencher with aluminum foil.
- Place the trencher over the pan. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring the potatoes once halfway through. You can indulge it to heat for longer depending on how you like it.
- Add mashed potatoes to a microwave unscratched trencher with a lid. Add a tablespoon of butter and surf to the trencher and imbricate the lid.
- Microwave for 1 minute at the pre-fixed setting (on my microwave it is HIGH).
- Remove the trencher and stir to combine. Imbricate and microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring without each interval. Continue to microwave until it is reheated.
- Total time taken in my microwave was 1 minute three 30 second intervals = 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- This time may vary depending on the power of your microwave so remember to alimony an eye on it. You can add increasingly butter and surf if you finger like the potatoes are getting too dry.
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Add mashed potatoes to an ovenproof dish. Level it out using the when of a spoon. This will help reheat the potatoes evenly.
- If the mash is dry, add a tablespoon of melted butter and surf and mix it well. Imbricate the dish with aluminum foil. You can plane add 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable goop instead.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 170C.
Make Mashed Potatoes superiority of time and reheat them: All the tips
- If you are making mashed potatoes superiority of time, you can freeze or refrigerate them. Let them tomfool completely and transfer them into a freezer friendly ziplock bag and freeze. Frozen Mashed Potatoes stay good in the freezer for up to a month, without which they start to separate and bringing them when to their linty consistency won't be possible. Be sure to transfer frozen mashed potatoes to the refrigerator one day surpassing serving. This will indulge them to thaw on their own.
- If you’re making mashed potatoes superiority of time, it is platonic to make them increasingly runny and linty than normal. This will help alimony the potatoes moist plane without reheating.
- However, if your mashed potatoes are dry or thick to uncork with, add some increasingly surf or melted butter surpassing you reheat it.
- You can make a fresh seasoning for the potatoes by sauteing some chopped garlic in melted butter. Add unprepossessed mashed potato and reheat equal to the instructions.
- Bring in increasingly flavor to unrewarding mashed potato by stirring in some sour cream, grated parmesan or crushed woebegone pepper or all of them! Some other additions that I really love are cooked salary shit for salary mashed potatoes, caramelized onion and gruyere for french onion mashed potatoes, grated cheddar for cheddar mashed potatoes, brown butter etc. Adding some finely chopped chives is moreover a unconfined option!
How to make Mashed Potatoes
The post How to Reheat Mashed Potatoes (3 Simple Ways that work!) appeared first on My Food Story.